Friday, November 30, 2012

KeepInspiredVol.2.

Photography by Antonis Delta


  
     Hi Luis! Can you describe yourself for our visitors?
Hello! My name is Luís Batalha, I’m 23 years old and I’m a full time model.  I’m Portuguese and at the moment I ‘live on my suitcase’ as I’m travelling all the time.

Photography by Matthieu Dortomb
     How did you started modelling?
I was scouted in 2007 when I was still in high school. Being a model was never part of my plans but the opportunity was too good to waste; so, I took the chance and I can say I don’t regret at all. I want to go back to my studies one day but until I’m sure of what to study I’ll stick with modeling and traveling.

     How did your career improve?
Since I’ve started modeling my career got better and better, can’t complain.

     Do you have any other talents than modeling that you want to share with Shit! I can fly!ers?
I’m a volleyball player and I also like photography. I guess I can be very entertainer as a comedian as well, I love to have the people around me laughing.

     You have worked with Justin Wu for the V magazine for Valentines Day... How did this experience effect you?
The video for V magazine was the second video I did with Justin and as usual I had a lot of fun. Justin is very talented and a great guy so it’s always a pleasure to work with him. Funny thing is, this experience really affected me but in a different way, you’ll find out why a few questions later, keep reading.

     Briefly can you explain how do you spend your free time? What do you like to do?
I love spending my free time with my friends and I have the best friends anyone could ask for. I also like to sit home listening to jazz while drinking a good beer and reading a good book. I like to walk, if I have my ipod I’ll walk to China. I play tennis whenever I have the chance and I watch a lot of TV series.

Photography by Matthieu Dortomb
     Are you satisfied with what you have now?
Yes. I’m a really easy guy to please so I never ask for too much.

     Are there any expectations about yourself or things around you/your life? 
Oh yes. I’m so curious to know what I’m going to end up doing when I get older. I like so many things but at the same time there are so many things I don’t like, I’m pretty sure of the things I don’t want to do but I’m still confused about the things I like. That’s the main reason why I stopped studying, I’m not sure of what I really like to spend the rest of my life doing. But well, I’m still young and there are still a lot of things to discover.

     Do you like movies? 
I like books and TV Series better than movies.

     What is your biggest dream for now?
I would like to take a month off and visit all the South American countries.
  
     What were your dreams when you were a kid? Who and What do you wanted to be/become?
As a kid I’ve always wanted to be a detective. I’m a very curious person so I think that explains why.

     How do you get over the times when everything seems to go wrong? Are you introverted in these moments or can you express your feelings or things better?
As I said before, I have great friends and a very supportive family. Anyway, I hate talking about feelings, it’s horrible how hard it is to put feelings into words; so, I rather keep them to myself most of the times. Anyway, nothing better than some good Reggae music to skyrocket your mood.
Photography by Anthony Meyer

     You seem to have an amazing relationship with your girlfriend. How long have you guys been together?
I’m having the best time. We’ve been together for 8 months.

     Is there any interesting story behind your relationship? (How you met, fall in love etc?)
So, here comes the funny part! I met her at the job for the Valentines video for Justin Wu. After that day we spent a lot of time together and we started knowing each other better and things developed naturally. Paris is the perfect city to fall in love with someone and we had the best time there.

      Do you think there is a meaning of what 'love' is?
“What is love, baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me, no more”. This song was the first thing that came to my head when I read the question and I couldn’t help laughing. Funny thing is, this is actually my answer once you already know I’m not the best person to share this feelings opinion.

     What kind of guy are you? A guy that fights for what he wants, or a guy that gives up easily?
I definitely fight for whatever I want.
  
     Would you like to say something to our visitors about dreams or inspirations?
Get inspired and follow your dreams.








Photography by Antonis Delta

Photography by João Bacelar



No comments:

Post a Comment