Monday, May 14, 2012

DiscoveryOftheWeekVol.1.



This weeks discovery is one of my favorite bands from LA, Olin and the Moon.

I discovered them with this amazing song called 'Not in Love'. It was one of the hardest moments that I have tried to deal with and when I heard that song, it comforted me. Its' lyrics gave me a strength to stand back on my feet again in some kind of way.
Sometimes we all feel like we are in love with someone but when times passes and the things we wanted to become did not happen, the darkness welcomes us with a deepest pitch-dark that we never thought we can see the light back again. But 'not in love' told me with its warmth, honest lyrics;

'Let the sunlight in, you better get as much as you can cause you might never feel the same again and take the wind, let it blow away everything! I said take a deep breath and hold it in. Because you're not in love! There's no way you possibly could. You shouldn't even like this! You just like the way it looks. If this is the end, and what's done is done! Then I wont have to keep hurting anyone'

It was so true that this song helped me to see the light back again. Because sometimes all we need is someone honest to makes us face what we have become. This song was pretty honest in that sense and made me who i am today. At least it was one of the contributor for me to -stand up- again.

Moreover, a few days ago i got and e-mail from this cool band, that their new album is on its way! I am pretty excited to hear that in this fall!

So, if you guys wonder here you can listen their first single from their new album 'Something I Need to Break' on

http://oatm.bandcamp.com/

Also, do not forget to follow them on twitter; @olinanthemoon

Ps. this is how i watched them for the first time ;)

What do you think about them?




No comments:

Post a Comment